Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The boy in the striped pajamas.


Me and my mom agreed to read the book before going to watch the movie. I finished reading the book the same day I started.( 2 weeks ago) Right after I put it down my mom picked it up and started on it, she just finished reading it today! So now that she's finally done, we have our date set to watch the movie this Thursday at 2:55pm! I'm so excited I cant wait!!



It is one of the most moving and remarkable films about childhood I’ve ever seen. The setting of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is as grim as it gets, but the perspective is a magical piece of cinema. Bruno is the eight-year-old son of a Nazi officer, and the curious eyes and ears of Mark Herman’s gripping story. When his father is promoted from a desk job in Berlin to commanding a death camp in the middle of nowhere, Bruno can’t fathom the sudden frosty tension between his parents, or why he is forbidden to visit the strange “farm” with the electric fences.


No comments: